September 06, 2023
“Dzogchen in Everyday Life” – 6th Episode: Stress and Anxiety
In this sixth episode of the series “Dzogchen in Everyday Life”, we continue to explore the relief of emotions with a specific focus on stress and anxiety. Mila Khyentse and Anne Charransol share their experience and knowledge on this topic.
Few of us are familiar with our own emotions. Most of the time, we endure them and we do not know how to influence them. This is simply because we don’t know them well. The Great Perfection shows us how, through comprehensive examples, how we can get to know them, how they work, and how we can finally alleviate them.
In this episode, Mila Khyentse and Anne Charransol discuss the family of emotions of stress and anxiety. We will explore their mechanisms according to the Great Perfection, the role played by bodily sensations, thoughts and emotions and how we can pacify them through short practices.
Dzogchen is a very direct tradition that can be practiced in many different ways in our daily lives, focusing on liberation from suffering and the implementation of the means to achieve it. This podcast will help us to better understand the root causes of anxiety and stress according to the Dzogchen tradition, their components and functioning and then how to develop a clear vision to overcome them.
Recap & Takeaways
“Dzogchen in Everyday Life” series – 6th Episode: Dzogchen and the “relief” of emotions on a daily basis: stress and anxiety.
- Anne Charransol shares her personal experiences of stress and anxiety, their relationship and impact on our life. (2’12)
- The Dzogchen view: ignorance, fear, uncertainty, lack of control at the root of these emotions. (6’35)
- Anatomy of stress and anxiety: the relationship between thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations and how they trap us. (9’12)
- Dzogchen meditation: between the flight and fight response. (12’30)
- The method: first bringing clarity to the mechanism and then recognizing the true nature of the mind. (14’18)
- Ground practice: Dzgochen shamata’s instructions shared by Mila Khyentse Rinpoche. (17’53)
Stay Tuned For Our Latest Episodes
Receive notification when new episodes of our series are online or can be streamed or watched live!
Start Listening Today!
Want to learn more about Dzogchen and what it can do for you in your life? Watch or listen to all the free episodes.