November 08, 2023
“Dzogchen in Everyday Life” – 7th Episode: Frustration and Anger (with changing conditions)
As a continuation of the series the “relief of emotions on a daily basis”, we are dedicating a special series on families of emotions directly linked to ongoing climate upheavals. In this seventh episode of the series “Dzogchen in Everyday Life”, our special guest is Mila Khyentse.
Few of us are really clear about our emotions, especially when they affect the deeper structures of our being, other species and the earth itself. Yet these emotions are increasingly present in our lives, and we feel often powerless about it. Is there anything we can do? Certainly, according to Mila Khyentse Rinpoche.
Dzogchen is a directly accessible tradition that can be practiced in a variety of ways in our daily lives, focusing on liberation from suffering and the means to achieve it. In this episode, we explore some aspects of frustration and anger in response to ecological upheaval, with the valuable insights of Mila Khyentse.
Recap & Takeaways
“Dzogchen in Everyday Life” series – 7th Episode: Dzogchen and the “relief” of emotions on a daily basis: frustration and anger.
In this podcast, Mila Khyentse Rinpoche explains :
- The interrelation between the difficult evolution of conditions and strong inner reactions like anger, opposition and rejection. (2’26)
- The state of imbalance emotions caused by repeatedly difficult conditions. (7’)
- The human paradox: denial and refusal in the face of major changes. (8’11)
- The Dzogchen perspective on emotions and more specifically on anger: a way to be away. (10’)
- The positive side of anger. (17’10)
- Becoming friends with anger: short and simple instructions to apply in our day to day life. (19’42)
To find out more about Dzogchen Today!’s events : https://dzogchentoday.org/events/
Stay Tuned For Our Latest Episodes
Receive notification when new episodes of our series are online or can be streamed or watched live!
Start Listening Today!
Want to learn more about Dzogchen and what it can do for you in your life? Watch or listen to all the free episodes.